Thursday, February 3, 2011

Audience and Context Worksheet

For our blog post tonight we are supposed to write on what articles we are reading in the Globalization book.  Ironically, the article that I am doing was the one we analyzed today.  I promise I didn't copy ;)
So the article's title that I am looking into is called The Nobel Peace Prize Acceptance Speech.  It is about the first African lady to be awarded the Nobel peace prize.  She got it because she wanted to improve the economic situation for women in Africa.  She lives in Kenya, Africa and she did this in response to the depletion of environmental resources in her area like trees, water, etc.  I am proud of her for doing this in response to her concern for her country.  A few setbacks could be money problems, and also that the African nation is becoming too dependent on other nations.  I am proud of her because she is making a difference.  He Audience is everyone.  Her people.  The government.  Americans.  Anyone and anybody that would like to help her.  I look up to her.

1 comment:

  1. I thought this was an interesting one as well. She did do a lot, and I respect her for that.
    -csm

    ReplyDelete