Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Woot Woot Issue's Paper!

Okay, so can I just say how excited I am for this issues paper?!  Yes, I know that it's got to be almost 10 pages but I guess the reason is because I am excited for my topic.  I was really confused on what to write my topic on until Chris brought up Zombies.  Now Connor has dibs on the whole "zombie apocalypse"  thing but I also wanted to focus on Zombies... kinda. haha What my topic will be on is How Violent Video Games affect Aggression in Human Beings.  The reason this ties into zombies is because I am a fan of Call of Duty and I'm amazing at Nazi Zombies (yes, I am very proud of that fact).  I recently went to a seminar by a guy who talked about this so I have many stats and new studies on it.  I'm going to be talking a lot on how it causes violence in men, and why not women.  I'll also be talking about what else happens when people play violent video games compared to non-violent ones.  I also have many personal stories.  Basically, I am very excited to write about this. Finally, I can prove to my brother that being addicted to video games is not a good thing.  Let me know what you think!

4 comments:

  1. I really want to read this paper when you are done! As an avid gamer, I feel like this pertains to me. Your topic is very controversial, and I'm sure it is going to be very interesting. However, I think you should bring up in your paper that video games only affect certain demographics of men. I play video games at least one or two hours a day, and I don't think I am violent. I'm no expert though. Good luck!

    jcm

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with this 100%. My little brother use to be this sweet little boy with rare anger issues. Now he is addicted to video games and is fighting at school. He was just recently suspended from school for punching a kid in the stomach! I am anxious to read your paper and see what the statistics are for this so I too can prove that it causes violent behavior!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I actually know someone who did something similar to this last semester for their issues paper. I'm pretty sure they found a LOT of information, so I think you're going to have a lot of sources to work off of. Plus, this sounds really cool and I'm curious as well. I love video games and I'm hoping that I'm not more violent because of that... haha.

    -mmg

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's an AWESOME topic. haha it is very applicable to today and interesting as well. You cant complain when your doing research on call of duty :)

    ReplyDelete